Here are some of our favorite East Indian inspired cocktails that we love! A mix of unexpected flavors and textures in these cocktails will be sure to bring back memories of your annual trips to India.
- 2 half-inch slices of cucumber
- 8 leaves fresh cilantro
- 2 quarter-inch slices of fresh green finger chili (any medium-mild chili, such as jalapeno or Anaheim can be substituted)
- 1.75 oz gin
- .5 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- Muddle cucumber, cilantro, and chili in a cocktail shaker or mixing glass until well broken and slightly mashed.
- Add gin, lime, and simple syrup and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a double rocks glass, half filled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber.
- .25 cup vodka
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
- .5 cup crushed ice
- 2 orange (slices, cut into quarters)
- 2 pineapple slices (cut into quarters)
- Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Divide vodka mixture, ice, orange quarters, and pineapple quarters between 2 glasses.
The Spiked Lassi
- 1.75 oz premium vodka
- .50 oz plain yogurt
- .75 oz honey syrup
- .5 oz lemon
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- a pinch of salt
- a fennel frond
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Spray the interior of a martini glass with Le Tourment Absinthe.
- Add all the ingredients to pint glass.
- Add ice, shake and strain into the martini glass.
- Crack fresh black pepper on the top of the drink and finish with a fennel frond.
- 1 oz premium vanilla vodka
- 1 oz amaretto
- 2 oz mango juice
- Chill a cocktail glass in the freezer.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass and add about 4 cubes of ice.
- Shake and strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- Serve with mandarin orange skewer and add a sprig of mint.
Desi Bloody Mary
- 2 oz premium vodka
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 1 tsp dry sherry
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- squeeze of lemon juice
- .50 tsp horseradish
- 1 pinch sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- .25 tsp celery salt
- Tabasco Sauce
- sprinkle of garam masala
- squeeze of lime juice
- In a shaker or glass combine the tomato juice with the vodka, sherry, and Worcestershire sauces and a good pinch of celery salt, salt and pepper, tobasco (to taste) and the horseradish.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir well or shake. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Fill two glasses with the ice, then pour over the bloody Mary.
- Add a slice of lime and a sprinkling of fresh garam masala.
- Garnish with celery, olives and whatever else your heart desires.